NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Social Science Geography - PDF Download Chapterwise
NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Geography
NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Geography consists of seven important chapters coving very important concepts. This page is prepared by expert tutors having years of teaching experience to students who are preparing for CBSE class 10 board exams. All the questions asked in the class 10 geography are solved as per the CBSE recommendation to score good marks with the required image and information given in the textbook. NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Geography is proofread by several experts many times to give our users an errorless and perfect solution which is needed by every student who is preparing for CBSE board exams.
NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Geography Updated for 2022-23 Exam
Explain the Different Patterns of Manson in Class 10 Geography
The pattern of Rainfall in the Northern Plains:
- The Northern Plains get much of their rainfall from Southwest Monsoons which strike the eastern part of the country first and give heavy rainfall there. So eastern parts of the country like Assam, Meghalaya, Bengal, etc. get much rainfall.
- Then the monsoons arising from the Bay of Bengal move westwards along the Himalayas. Their capacity to cause rain becomes lesser and lesser as they move westward because they continue to become drier and drier.
The pattern of Rainfall in Peninsular India:
- Peninsular India also gets much rainfall because of another branch of the South-West Monsoons which rises from the Arabian sea. These monsoon winds, first of all, strike the Western Ghats and cause much rain there.
- These winds while reaching the other side of the Western Ghats become dry and cause less rain. As they go on moving to the eastern side they become drier and drier and so the rain goes on decreasing from west to east.
Mumbai receives rainfall in summer while Chennai has In Winter:
Mumbai receives more rainfall in summer as it is situated on the Arabian Sea coast, and receives all its rains from the Arabian Sea branch of the southwest monsoons from June to September only. Chennai receives two-thirds of the rainfall from the retreating southwest monsoons aided by cyclones from October to December.
Western Rajasthan has a desert-type of climate:
- Western Rajasthan lies in the rain shadow area of the Aravalli Mountains. (Leeward side)
- Arabian sea branch of S.W. monsoons blows parallel to the Aravalli range; hence the Aravalli’s fail to check it.
- By Me time the Bay Bengal branch reaches here it is almost dry, moreover, it lies on the leeward side of the Aravallis.
- Monsoon winds become warmer and increase their capacity to hold moisture instead of causing rain.
During October-November, the monsoon trough of low pressure becomes weaker and is gradually replaced by high pressure. The outreach of the monsoon becomes unsustainable and it starts withdrawing gradually. This is known as the retreat of the monsoon. October Heat:
- (i) The retreat of the monsoons is marked by clear skies and a rise in temperature.
- (ii) The land is still moist.
- (iii) Owing to the conditions of high temperature and humidity, the weather becomes oppressive which is known as October heat in northern India.
Chapter introduction of NCERT Solutions Class 10 Social Science Geography – Contemporary India II
NCERT Class 10 Social Science Geography Chapter-1 Resources and Development
In this chapter, we have talked about the two types of resources which are natural and man-made. The chapter talks about the need for resource planning. Land as a resource is also discussed in the chapter. The types of soil along with its distribution are also talked about in the chapter. The changing land pattern and its after-effects such as land degradation and the ways to conserve the land are also discussed in the chapter.
NCERT Class 10 Social Science Geography Chapter-2 Forest and Wildlife Resources
The chapter talks about the types of flora and fauna in India and also talks about the vanishing forest in India. The IUCN list is also discussed in the chapter with a prime focus on animals like Asiatic cheetah and tigers. The depletion of flora and fauna along with the destruction of forests and wildlife is also discussed in the chapter. Finally in the end the chapter also talks about project tiger.
NCERT Class 10 Social Science Geography Chapter-3 Water Resources
This chapter talks about the different sources of water, its distribution, and its utilization. Multipurpose projects have also been discussed in the chapter. The rise of water scarcity and the need for conservation of water so that it can be saved for future generations are also talked about in the chapter. The management of water resources is also discussed, and, in the end, Rainwater Harvesting is discussed in the chapter.
NCERT Class 10 Social Science Geography Chapter-4 Agriculture
The types of farming along with the major crops are discussed at the beginning of the chapter. The cropping pattern of India is also discussed further in this chapter. The technological and institutional reforms in the agriculture sector along with their impacts are also talked about in the chapter. Further, the importance of agriculture like the contribution of agriculture to the national economy and employment is discussed in the end.
NCERT Class 10 Social Science Geography Chapter-5 Minerals and Energy Resources
The types of minerals and their distribution over the mahaveas have been talked about in the chapter. The use of minerals and the economic importance of minerals along with their conservation measures are also discussed in the chapter. The types of power resources which are conventional and non-conventional power resources along with theirs their distribution, utilization, and conservatives been discussed in the chapter.
NCERT Class 10 Social Science Geography Chapter-6 Manufacturing Industries
The types of mineral and land sand and their distribution on the map have been talked about in the chapter. The contribution of industries to the national economy and the effects of industries especially on the environment has been discussed in the chapter. Industrial pollution and the degradation of the environment is the most highlighted topic in the chapter. The measures to control the degradation are also discussed in the end.
NCERT Class 10 Social Science Geography Chapter-7 Lifelines of National Economy
The chapter talks about the importance of means of transport and communication needed and required for the national economy to grow. In the end, the chapter talks about trade and tourism and their thermal effect on the national economy. The major ports and themes of the national highways such as NH1 have also been discussed at the end of the chapter.
Frequently Asked Questions on NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Social Science Geography - PDF Download Chapterwise
. How to download NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Geography?
To download NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Geography from home tuition.com click on the chapter and download the printable pdf solutions of the chapter in just two steps.
. What are the chapters in the syllabus of NCERT solutions for class 10 Geography on the CBSE Board?
NCERT Class 10 Geography consists of seven chapters such as:
- Resource and Development
- Forest and Wildlife Resources
- Water Resources, Agriculture
- Minerals and Energy Resources
- Manufacturing Industries
- Lifelines of National Economy
. Is the NCERT textbook enough for Class 10 Geography to score good marks?
Yes, the NCERT textbook is more than sufficient for class 10 geography, it consists of all the chapters which are in the CBSE class 10 board syllabus. Solve questions given in the exercise and do revise these in certain time intervals.
. How to score good marks in class 10 Geography?
Geography is an interesting subject of social science, and it needs lots of hard work to score good marks in class 10 Geography. Try to make proper notes and write all important points and maps. Read the NCERT textbook thoroughly and solve all the questions asked in the textbook with full focus. Solve previous year's questions.