NCERT Solutions for Class 9 Geography Updated for 2022-23 Board Exam
NCERT Solutions for Class 9 Social Science Geography – Contemporary India
NCERT Solutions for Class 9 Social Science Geography is developed by experts of home tuition.com and all the questions given in the exercise are solved as per the CBSE school requirements. Geography is the subject of natural discovery. The student will learn lots of new things in this subject. Class 9 Geography consists of six chapters namely India Size and Location, Physical Features of India, Drainage, Climate, Natural Vegetation and Wildlife, and Population. HT experts prepared NCERT Solutions all the questions asked in the NCERT exercise are solved as per the CBSE school Requirements do check NCERT Solutions for class 9.
|Chapter-Wise NCERT Solutions for Class 9 Social Science Geography
|Class 9 Geography Chapter 1 India–Size and Location
|Class 9 Geography Chapter 2 Physical Features of India
|Class 9 Geography Chapter 3 Drainage
|Class 9 Geography Chapter 4 Climate
|Class 9 Geography Chapter 5 Natural Vegetation and Wildlife
|Class 9 Geography Chapter 6 Population
Download Free PDF of NCERT Class 9 SST Geography Solutions
Class 9 Geography chapter-1 India Size and Location
This chapter gives knowledge about the Indian states and union territories along with their capitals. The chapter also talks about the tropic of cancer, the Standard meridian, and the Indian standard time. It also locates and labels the states passing through the tropic of cancer and Indian standard time. The Northernmost, southernmost, easternmost, and westernmost points of India are also located in the chapter.
Class 9 Geography chapter-2 Physical Features of India
In this chapter, the physical features of India starting from the mountain ranges such as the Himadari, Himachal, and Shivalik ranges are discussed. Later on, The northern Plains and the eastern and the western coast ghats are also discussed. The Aravali range and the Deccan plateau have been discussed. The eastern and the western coast along the islands of the country has also been discussed at the end of the chapter.
Class 9 Geography chapter-3 Drainage
The river system of India has been discussed in the chapter. Broadly the system is divided into two parts which are the Himalayan river system which consists of rivers like the Indus river, the Ganga, and the Brahmaputra river system, and the Peninsular rivers such as Krishna, Godavari, and Kaveri have been discussed in the chapter. In the end, many lakes such as wular and pulicat lakes have also been talked about.
Class 9 Geography chapter-4 Climate
The average weather condition of different places within the nation has been discussed in the chapter. The location and labeling of many big cities such as Thiruvananthapuram, Chennai, and Jodhpur have also been done in the chapter. The identification areas receiving less than 20 cm rainfall and more than 400 cm rainfall have also been identified at the end of the chapter.
Class 9 Geography chapter-5 Natural Vegetation and Wildlife
The types of vegetation such as Tropical evergreen forest, tropical deciduous forest, tropical thorn forest tropical montane forest, and mangrove vegetation have been discussed in the chapter. Many National parks, bird sanctuaries and wildlife sanctuaries such as Jim Corbett national park, Kaziranga national park, Bharatpur bird sanctuary, and Sariska wildlife sanctuary has been identified in the chapter.
Class 9 Geography chapter-6 Population
This chapter primarily deals with the Population data of the nation. The states having the highest and the lowest density of population along with the states having the highest and the lowest sex ratio in accordance with the 2011 census are discussed in the chapter. The state has the largest and the smallest area is also talked about in the chapter.
What are the factors which affect climate explained in Class 9 Geography?
The NCERT textbook of class 9 Geography explains three factors that are important and affect the climate. Read the textbook it will help you to solve the questions asked in the exercise. Do solve all questions with the help of Home-tution.com NCERT Solutions for Class 9 Geography.
- Latitude: India is situated roughly between 8° N and 37° N latitudes, India is divided into almost two equal parts by the tropic of cancer. The southern half lies in the tropical zone and the western half in the subtropical zone. Therefore, India's climate has characteristics of tropical as well as subtropical climates.
- Altitude: India has mountains to the north, which have an average height of about 6000 meters. Tine Himalayas prevent the cold winds from Central Asia from entering the subcontinent. It is because of these mountains that this subcontinent experiences comparatively milder winters as compared to Central Asia.
- Pressure and Winds: India lies in the subtropical high-pressure belt, thus, the winds originate from the land and move outwards towards the equatorial low-pressure belt. These winds are known as northeast trade winds and are devoid of any moisture. But due to unequal heating of land and water in the summer, low pressure develops over the interior of land masses. This low pressure attracts the winds from the south of the equator. After crossing the equator the southeast trade winds get deflected and are known as southwest monsoons. The climate of India is also affected by jet streams. This is a fast-flowing wind blowing in a narrow zone in the upper atmosphere. The jet streams are responsible for the sudden outbreak of monsoons in Northern India. A subtropical westerly jet stream brings in the western disturbances in winter. These disturbances cause heavy snowfall on the mountains and light rains in the northwestern part of India.
Frequently Asked Questions on NCERT Solutions for Class 9 Geography Updated for 2022-23 Board Exam
. How to download NCERT Solutions for Class 9 Geography?
To download the free pdf of all chapters of NCERT Solutions of Geography just click on the NCERT solutions link on Home-tution.com you will get all the solutions of class 9 Geography along with the best tutor recommendation near you.
. Which is the best site for NCERT Solutions for Class 9 Geography?
Home-tution.com has thousands of tutors who are involved in preparing the perfect errorless NCERT solutions for class 9 Geography providing you best solution of all.
. What are the chapters in the syllabus of Class 9 Geography?
Chapter in the syllabus of class 9 Geography is.
- Chapter 1 India–Size and Location
- Chapter 2 Physical Features of India
- Chapter 3 Drainage
- Chapter 4 Climate
- Chapter 5 Natural Vegetation and Wildlife
- Chapter 6 Population all these
Chapters of class 9 Geography are elaborated as per the syllabus in the NCERT textbook.
. Do we need any additional books for class 9 Geography or NCERT textbook is self-sufficient?
NCERT textbook for class 9 Geography is a very well-designed textbook and it is sufficient to build a good foundation in Geography for class 9.